× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: EX6110 will not work with Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2 (model number DJA0231)

rabidman
Aspirant

EX6110 will not work with Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2 (model number DJA0231)

The EX6110 will connect to the router, and my devices can connect to the range extender wi-fi (_2GHz and _5GHz). But there's no internet. 
All 4 lights are green on the extender.

I've done reset and tried setup with normal method and the wizard. 

I am with Aussie Broadband, but the router is a Telstra product.

I am on verge of returning the product, unless I'm missing something?
Regards and thanks in advance for any advice.

Brendan

Model: EX6110|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 6
rabidman
Aspirant

Message 2 of 6
plemans
Guru

It looks like that specific router has its own booster that Telstra will rent by the month that integrates with it. Makes me suspicious of them locking out other extenders to try to push this service. I don't have that router and I didn't see many adding extenders to it with a quick google search so not sure if there's any specific settings in the router that could be changed. it might take looking in the router for any self organizing network or mesh settings that could be changed

Message 3 of 6
rabidman
Aspirant

Yeah I accessed the router IP address and saw all the settings. The extender was there. I played with a lot of settings, no success. Any idea where in there I can potentially unlock the router? If it's possible. Have you heard whether Telstra actually are locking out devices, or do you think it is me? Cheers

Message 4 of 6
rabidman
Aspirant

Thanks a lot for responding to me. Also I have gained access to the EXT_ wifi signals from the extender on occasion and have been able to access the internet, but then after a couple of minutes it just stops. Which makes me think this is Telstra realising it's not a telstra product connected to its router? Does Netgear know about this? Is there a warning anywhere? I might have to return this extender, or get a new router... Annoyed!  

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

There's not much info on that route. If 1 extender has an issue, its likely more will. 

Especially if they're marketing their own extender "designed to connect" with it. 

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series