× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX6250 extender all lights green, not showing as available internet connection

melo
Follower

EX6250 extender all lights green, not showing as available internet connection

I have an EX6250 that was working pretty good (drops occassionally and needs to be turned off/on to provide signal).  Recently, it is showing as a WiFi connection for 2G-Ext, but when we tried to connect, it would show as no internet connectivity.

So, turned on/off.  No go.  Then tried to do the factory re-set and reconfigure.  Nighthawk software kept stalling at the point where it says that my phone cannot connect to my WiFi network which my phones, TV and computers were connected and working perfectly.  Did speed test and it showed strong upload/download speeds.

Re-did factory reset 6 times.  Finally got through all steps, sort of.  After it said everything was ready to go, wanted to do a firmware update and restart the extender.  Nighthawk shows it did it successfully, but 2G-Ext not showing for phones or computers as available to connect to.

Re-did factory reset another 3 times after doing a restart of routers, just to be on the safe side even though home internet connection was working great on all devices.  It checked for any firmware updates and shows that the extender has the latest firmware, V1.0.0.134. 

Still showing all lights green on the extender and not showing as an internet (2G-Ext) connection on WiFi picklist for any device.  Button on side set to Extender, not Access Point.  Nighthawk app shows it is set up and all lights green on app.  Says extender is connected to the router.  No 2G-Ext WiFi connection as option on WiFi picklist on any of my phones or computers.

Is there anything else that can be done to get this thing to work or does it just need to be returned?

Model: EX6250|AC1750-WIFI MESH EXTENDER
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7