× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX7300 Slow connection when device is in same room as router

thegios
Initiate

EX7300 Slow connection when device is in same room as router

EX7300 is midway between living room (where router is located) and bedroom. If I am in the living room and pc is connected to router (device green light on) the speed us 600Mbps. If I go in the bedroom speed is 70Mbps but after a few seconds I see that the device green light turns on, so I guess that pc is now connected to the EX7300 and as a matter of facts speed is now 200Mbps. If I go back to living room the device green light remains on and pc speed remains only 200Mbps instead of 600Mbps: it is as though the pc remain connected to EX7300 instead of connecting to router. How can I avoid that?
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: EX7300 Slow connection when device is in same room as router

If you have the EX7300 setup using mesh mode (uses same ssid as router) the phone/tablet/pc is what actual does the roaming based off its own algorithms. 

options? 

1. If you're using windows, you can go into the device manager, then your wireless network card, and see if it has a setting for roaming and change the settings for that. 

2. You can disable mesh so you can choose which network to connect to. 

Message 2 of 4
thegios
Initiate

It seems that pc/smartphone take a while but eventually disconnects from EX7300 and connects back to router. But out of curiosity, how do I disable mesh and create a different network with a different password? This way I can dedicate the EX7300 only to the desktop that is in s room where wifi was really bad before.
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7