× Our systems will undergo a planned maintenance on Sunday, May 19, 2024, between 12:00 AM and 02:00 AM Pacific Time. During the maintenance window, you will not be able to log in to your MyNETGEAR account (including apps), renew a subscription, or register a product. However, you will still be able to use guest checkout to purchase a new product or subscription service. Updates will be posted to Status.NETGEAR.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX7300 very slow upload speed

bbbarker194
Aspirant

EX7300 very slow upload speed

My download speed through the EX7300 extender is almost the same as the speed through my router (about 20mb).  My upload speed through my router is fine (about 17mb) however the upload speed through the EX7300 is only 0.3mb.

Netgear had me do a hard reset on the extender, that did not help.  Any help would be appreciated.

Model: EX7300|AC2200 Nighthawk X4 Wall-plug Range Extender
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: EX7300 very slow upload speed

Hello bbbarker194

Have you made sure the Ex7300 is using the latest firmware? also you may want to try and change the wireless channel on your main router see if that improves the speed.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
bbbarker194
Aspirant

Re: EX7300 very slow upload speed

Hi Darren,

I contacted Netgear and they determined that the extender was bad.  I got a new one and have the same issue.  Netgear acknowledges the issue buy so far has been unable to fix it. I have spent hours on the phone with them, and emailing them.  They have taken over my computer and seeing the problem with their own eyes, but so far they have provided no solution.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7