× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX7300

Deaconman
Aspirant

EX7300

I'm trying to setup my Nighthawk X4 Wifi mesh extender using the WPS method. I press the wps button on my extender and my router. 3 green lights come on but the connected light does not come on. My wifi is Charter Spectrum. My nighthawk app cannot find the NETGEAR_EXT network.

The extender is located 3 feet from the router.  What have i missed?  Any suggestions?

Model: EX7300v2|AC2200 Nighthawk X4 WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: EX7300

What router are you connecting to? 

firmware on the extender? 

did you try using the installation assistant and not wps? 

Message 2 of 5
Deaconman
Aspirant

My router is a Charter Spectrum Ultra 400 MG. I have attempted to connect from the Nighthawk app, but when I go to settings to connect to Netgear_EXT network it never appears under my available networks.
I have also tried connecting an ethernet cable from my router to my extender but still no luck. The firmware is the original firmware that was on the extender when I purchases it in July of this year. I have never gotten it to work since I had it.
Do you think that the firmware needs to be updated?
Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

When you connect the router to the extender via hardwired, the extender needs to be in access point mode. 

start with this. 

Factory reset the extender. push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while its powered on. 

then connect a pc/laptop to the extender via the ethernet port. 

disable the wireless on the laptop/pc so the device doesn't connect back to the wireless during setup. 

then try setup. 

btwn spectrum ultra 400 is a speed plan, not a model. What actual router is it? 

Whaty firmware is on the extender? 

Message 4 of 5
Deaconman
Aspirant

Thanks, The Router is a Sagemcom
Model: SAC2V25
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos