× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX7700 can't set admin password after factory reset

dsws67
Initiate

EX7700 can't set admin password after factory reset

Hi community,

I needed to do the hard reset on my Extender EX7700. After reset I could connect via WPS to my Nighthawk R700 router and also a firmware update was done to v1.0.0.226.

After accessing mywifiext.local I got the screen to configure my new extender.

Then I filled out admin-User-Name, passwort and the 2 recovery questions. And then "hourglass / turning cycle" appeared and nothing happend anymore.

I tried the connection via Wifi and LAN, with 2 different computers and 3 browser => always the same:
I can't pass the admin-user-creation screen.

Could anyone help for solutions or walk-arounds?

Kind regards

Daniel

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
dsws67
Initiate

Re: EX7700 can't set admin password after factory reset

I got the solution which is a bit weired.

The problem was that I used non-english letters in the answers of the security questions. If you use e.g. this letter "ä" the admin-account-creation is not working. If you use "a" everything is fine.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Are you able to go through the password recovery option? 
Maybe the password you set didn't meet requirements (for some reason) and caused issues

Message 2 of 3
dsws67
Initiate

I got the solution which is a bit weired.

The problem was that I used non-english letters in the answers of the security questions. If you use e.g. this letter "ä" the admin-account-creation is not working. If you use "a" everything is fine.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7