× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: EX8000 Extender speeds slow

nianfong
Follower

EX8000 Extender speeds slow

So I have a EX8000 mesh extender, extending a network made by my brand new RAX200 nighthawk router.  The mesh extender has been in my home for maybe 5-6 months longer than the RAX200, but it has always had relatively low download speeds on the order of 40-60 Mbps, compared to my main router which gets 200-400 Mbps over wifi.  I did my setup using the WPS.  Firmware is all current on both router and extender.  Any idea what I'm doing wrong and how to fix this?

Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 3
jonessl6
Initiate

Having the same problem with the same device.  Extender download speeds are around 60.  while uploads match what a direct connection the router looks like.  everything is up to date.  following the thread to hopefully get an answer too

Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

i have the rax200 and the ex8000 and can pull some pretty great numbers. so i know it works. 

What firmware are you on? (not the latest, a number)

What firmware is on the RAX200? 

What channel are you using for the backhaul between the rax and the ex?

If you hardwire into the ex, what speeds do you pull? 

are you using bandsteering? 2.4ghz is significantly slower and if you're testing over 2.4ghz, you're going to get much lower speeds. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7