× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX8000 Perfmance Issue

millewg001
Aspirant

EX8000 Perfmance Issue

I have a RAX120 installed connected to Spectrum with 100mbps services.  This router is fairly new and appears to be relatively stable and provides good performance.  I have an EX8000 extender connected to this router via cat5 running in AP mode and have smart connect turned on.  The SSID's for the RAX120 and EX8000 are different. 

Normally, the ex8000 is fairly stable and provides good performance.  When using a network speed test, I can expect to see results of around 115mpbs and this has been a constant since I've owned the EX8000.  

Yesterday evening, however, this performance dropped to less than half.  Normally, I would chalk this up to Spectrum but my performance on the RAX120 was still solid averaging 115mbps.  I am looking for two things:    Are there any tutorials/resources I can use to help me diagnose performance issues on the EX8000 (and, I suppose, the RAX120) and two:  Are there any specific suggestions on how I might 

Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: EX8000 Perfmance Issue

something to check is the 2.4ghz vs 5ghz. 2.4ghz is much slower than 5ghz. with smart connect on, maybe the device testing was on the 2.4ghz band. 50mbps isn't a bad speed over 2.4ghz. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7