× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

PS4 wont connect through WiFi or Wired Connection

Texan_Riot
Aspirant

PS4 wont connect through WiFi or Wired Connection

So I just bought this thing and went through the easy setup on it. Everything was up and running just fine with laptop and phone both easily connecting to it. Yet whenever I try to connect my PS4 through wired of WiFi neither one works at all and it wont obtain an IP address for it.

I searched and found several videos on how to do port forwarding and noticed my firmware is out of date but I'm not even able to access all the options to even ATTEMPT port forwarding and when I went to upload the firmware that was unpacked from the zip file it said failed. Tried searching online to get the firmware and its telling me there's no internet yet I'm literally sitting here typing this now on the exact same connection.

I need help before I smash this thing to pieces. It came highly recommended for online gaming and so far it's been nothing but absolute trash. PLEASE help me out here! The $50 extender from Amped Wireless worked great but wasn't very strong and everything connected perfectly. This is embarrassing for Netgear to have these BS issues preventing something from connecting

Model: EX7000|AC1900 Nighthawk WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3
Texan_Riot
Aspirant

Re: PS4 wont connect through WiFi or Wired Connection

RESOLVED!!

Message 2 of 3
Nevets_dk
Aspirant

Re: PS4 wont connect through WiFi or Wired Connection

Ya but you didn’t say how? I am having the same issue.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7