× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Extender EX3110 / AC750 broken or...?

xRCGx
Aspirant

Extender EX3110 / AC750 broken or...?

Hello

So I had my wifi reset remotely by my provider and the wifi name was changed and my extender got disconnected. I reset the extender and connected to NETGEAR_EXT with my phone and attempted to go to the mywifiext, but it will not load. Other devices I connect to it do the same. It is reset and will not allow me to access mywifiext in any way. I cleared my phones cache/data from the browser and still no luck. My devices connect to NETGEAR_EXT and the extender shows its connected but I cannot access mywifiext in order to reconnect it to my wifi. I am wondering if this is an internal problem and the extender is possibly broken or malfunctioning. Please help!

Model: EX3110|AC750 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Extender EX3110 / AC750 broken or...?

You said you were trying to set it up through your phone. 

have you tried a pc/laptop? Or a different browser? 

you can also try the address 192.168.1.250

that'll be the extenders default ip address when its not setup. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

1. what router are you connecting it to?

2. what firmware is on the extender? 

3. you factory reset the extender? Pushed and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while powered on? 

4. did you try a different pc or different browser? 

Message 2 of 5
xRCGx
Aspirant

1. The router I am connecting to is a Mediacom hitron modem/router combo. The extender had been working for months off of it, until the modem/router was reset remotely by Mediacom, and they changed the wifi name from upper case to lower case.

2. I am not familiar with firmware or how to check this, as the extender has no plugs. It is wireless only.

3. Yes. It is now seen as NETGEAR_EXT.

4. Yes. No matter the device connected to my extender, it will not display the local network set up page.

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

You said you were trying to set it up through your phone. 

have you tried a pc/laptop? Or a different browser? 

you can also try the address 192.168.1.250

that'll be the extenders default ip address when its not setup. 

Message 4 of 5
xRCGx
Aspirant

It seem after a few days of trying it for no obvious reason started working again. The page displays now on my devices. Not sure how or why but Im glad it is working. If the solution becomes apperant to me I will update with the cause of how it was fixed. Thanks to all who reached out with advice/tips!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7