× Our systems will undergo a planned maintenance on Sunday, May 19, 2024, between 12:00 AM and 02:00 AM Pacific Time. During the maintenance window, you will not be able to log in to your MyNETGEAR account (including apps), renew a subscription, or register a product. However, you will still be able to use guest checkout to purchase a new product or subscription service. Updates will be posted to Status.NETGEAR.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Extending PLW1000 wifi with a WN3000RP

Andrewdr
Aspirant

Extending PLW1000 wifi with a WN3000RP

I used my WN3000 with the previous ADSL2+ network.

I have now got a faster (NBN 25MBs) service with PLW1000 extenders.

If possible, I want to utilise the WN to extend the signal a bit further.

So far, I have been unsuccessful as the WN wants to keep its old address (which no longer exists) instead of automatically finding and connecting with the new PLW ......_EXT address.

1) Are the 2 extenders compatible?

2) if yes, how can I change the address and get it ti talk with the PLW?

Any assistance appreciated

Andrew

Model: WN3000RP|Universal WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello andrewdr

Its really not recommended to connect extenders to other extenders can cause some issues and speed loss. Have you tried to factory reset the extender then connect it to the powerline?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
Andrewdr
Aspirant

Thanks Darren

Yes I have reset.

I will try connecting direct to the computer and typing in the url if I can find it ☺

What are the problems you refer to about connecting it to the plw?

A loss of speed is not an issue in this case as it is just to get reasonable tablet access at the end of the house.

Cheers

Andrew

Message 3 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Andrewdr

Yea it can cause some speed issues but if your not worried about that should work.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7