× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

HELP! Every time i turn on a wireless device another one is knocked off

MannyNeedsHelp
Follower

HELP! Every time i turn on a wireless device another one is knocked off

Hello, and thanks for reading this. I have two computers in my household as well as a gaming console and several phones. One computer is directly wired to the WNDR3700v3 as well as my gaming console. The other computer always has signal, but when I turn on my gaming console, or my computer that is directly connected to the router, something very strange happens. The computer that is connected wirelessly shows that there is still internet access as well as signal from the router; but it cannot load web pages or perfomr as if it really were connected to the internet. When I diagnose the problem on my pc, nothing appears to be wrong. I realize this may have something to do with the amount of devices aloud on the router at once, but I don't know how to fix it. Please help? Thank you!
Message 1 of 2
fordem
Mentor

Re: HELP! Every time i turn on a wireless device another one is knocked off

If you haven't done something to limit the number of wireless devices, then it's unlikely that that is your problem - I would suspect you either have the router connected incorrectly (modem is connected to a LAN port instead of the WAN port) or you have an ip address related problem.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7