× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to Increase iPad mobile wifi to xfinity

Scooby1994
Aspirant

How to Increase iPad mobile wifi to xfinity

I am trying to figure out how I can get my iPad & or iPhone to connect on the xfinity wifi better when I am mobile.  I can pick up the wifi but it is weak.  Most times I am just on the outside range of the wifi.  I do have a Comcast account so I am paying for it.  I work from my vehicle and have a 120vac adapter in my truck to run things. I thought I could add a extender on and pick it better that way. But it will only connect with my home password locked wifi.  I have the ac750 range extender.  Does anyone have any thoughts on what I would need or do?  Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: How to Increase iPad mobile wifi to xfinity

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem you currently have?

What is the Mfr and model# of the main host router the NG extender is connected too?

What is the distance between the main host router and the EX unit? 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?

Message 2 of 6
Scooby1994
Aspirant

Not really for the house.  I am trying to find something that will work in my truck so when I am mobile I can pick up the xfinity wifi better.  Not sure if I posted this in the right spot but didn’t really see any other options.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

AH, so long haul truck? 

Please explain more and maybe we can advise you some. 

Do you have a mobile wifi router? 

Will need some specifics...

Message 4 of 6
Scooby1994
Aspirant

No I do not.  Just using wifi built into iPhone and iPad, to pickup the local internet hotspots.  Both do have cell service that uses data which I try to avoid since it gets used a lot.  I don’t want to have and get a added hotspot or air card since I already pay enough on the plans.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Well, the EX extenders are designed to connect to main host wifi routers, like at home so you can get wifi coverage at remote locations in the home. They are not designed for extending hot spots and such from other locations. 

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7