× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I want to set up using WPA3 with this extender (AC1200WIFIrange extenderEX6120)

nomis56
Aspirant

I want to set up using WPA3 with this extender (AC1200WIFIrange extenderEX6120)

I want to set up using WPA3 with this extender (AC1200WIFIrange extenderEX6120) and my Netgear router, RAX120.

If this extender is not able to do this, which extender by netgear does?

Thanks

Fred

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: I want to set up using WPA3 with this extender (AC1200WIFIrange extenderEX6120)

This model extender doesn't support WPA3. Max security mode is WPA2. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: I want to set up using WPA3 with this extender (AC1200WIFIrange extenderEX6120)

This model extender doesn't support WPA3. Max security mode is WPA2. 

Message 2 of 6
schumaku
Guru

@nomis56 wrote:

I want to set up using WPA3 ...

If this extender is not able to do this, which extender by netgear does?

Netgear does indeed make the customer's evaluation and product selection not easy.

They completely ignore WPA3 or WPA3-Personal (WPA3-SAE) on the Netgear WiFi Range Extenders product selection:

Range Extenders - Product Selection Filters.PNG

In general, all newer EAX models (WiFi 6, like EAX11, EAX11v2, EAX12, EAX14, EAX15, EAX15v2, EAX18, EAX20, and EAX80 as of writing) appear to cover WPA3-Personal. However - even when digging down to user manuals, several models vaguely list WPA3 WiFi Security in the LED Descriptions only - not a single Data Sheet or Marketing page does show WPA3 or WPA3-Personal / WPA3-SAE as of writing.

Not the world's greatest product management and marketing I must say here. For my part, I have not seen any Beta samples since the WN2500v2 or at least for more than 10 years ... I would have raised my voice about the absence... done herewith: @ChristineT please be so nice and forward my message to the Netgear people in charge.

Thank you @nomis56 aka Fred for the hint - Netgear should send you a sample for your valid question!

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

I can't attest to any other device but my EAX80 supports wpa3. I believe the whole line of EAX extenders do. 

Message 4 of 6
schumaku
Guru

@plemans wrote:

I can't attest to any other device but my EAX80 supports wpa3. I believe the whole line of EAX extenders do. 

This is what I tend to believe, too. Only select EAX UM explicitly list WPA3-Personal (like the EAX11v2) however. No indications for the EX6xxx models fwiw. 

Message 5 of 6
nomis56
Aspirant

Thanks for your response .

I can't understand why Netgear makes it difficult to talk with anyone for support.

They want give you an answer, just a referral to someone else.

The people they have to provide phone support are not able to 

communicate very well since they have a strange accent that is hard to understand.

After a purchase I made form Netgear, they started sending constant emails

to me. Just try to unsubscribe, That is my new unwanted project! But life is great and I can't complain. Just singing the song....

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7