× Our systems will undergo a planned maintenance on Sunday, May 19, 2024, between 12:00 AM and 02:00 AM Pacific Time. During the maintenance window, you will not be able to log in to your MyNETGEAR account (including apps), renew a subscription, or register a product. However, you will still be able to use guest checkout to purchase a new product or subscription service. Updates will be posted to Status.NETGEAR.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: IP spoofing

Raistlin76
Follower

IP spoofing

My Netgear router is showing IP spoofing from a local lynksys router, In other words someone in my area is trying to spoof my IP address. My question is how do I know if they are trying to spoof a PC address or my routers address. What would they gain by either and if they spoofed the routers IP address could they use my internet access? Last but not least would they show up on my router if they did and how do I make sure they don't successfully spoof my IP address?
Message 1 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

You might want to contact your ISP, most have A security department. You could change you Public IP by selecting use pc mac address in Internet setup and then reboot router.
Message 2 of 4
fordem
Mentor

Post the log entries - I suspect you may be misinterpreting them.
Message 3 of 4
Fairytail
Virtuoso

I agree with fordem. Post the logs here or any documentation so that members can help you out.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7