× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Installation issues WN3000RP

Technophobe73
Aspirant

Installation issues WN3000RP

I have a WN3000RP extender from 2012. I used it successfully for a while with an old router and then haven't used it for about 2 years. I have now change my router and am trying to set it up again. It seems to be working but I get right to the end and it won't accept my password even though I checked to use the same as my router. I do t know if this is significant but at the beginning it never asked me for the username and password (admin and password) it just connected anyway. I'm using a MacBook Pro if that's relevant?
Message 1 of 3
nhann
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Installation issues WN3000RP

Hi Technophobe73,

Which router is connected to your WN3000RP? Can you also confirm which version is your extender? v3 , v2, v1

Have you reset the Extender back to factory default? Is WPS an option with your router?
The Macbook shouldn't affect the setup process for your Extender.

Message 2 of 3
Technophobe73
Aspirant

Re: Installation issues WN3000RP

Hi nhann I took some advice from a colleague who advised me that it was old technology anyway (repeater) and my connectivity would be greatly improved by replacing with a newer model so I have moved on to a different extender. Thanks for the response though
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7