× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ive replaced my modem router, and now cannot get my 7300 working again no matter what I do...

GDonald
Aspirant

Ive replaced my modem router, and now cannot get my 7300 working again no matter what I do...

Hi! Ive replaced my modem router, and now cannot get my 7300 working again no matter what I do and am hoping youll be able to guide me along if possible.
I had to replace a faulty router with a newer model.
I cannot get the WPS method to work so have tried the LAN cable direct connection method several times with no success. I've also full-reset the 7300. I can communicate with the Netgear Installation Wizard ok and can make it all the way through the process to the page "now connect to the Extender via its wireless broadcast and register your wifi enabled device".
At this point, I cannot connect to the _2GEXT and the page expires. Windows will not connect to the _2GEXT.

Any advice? This thread: https://community.netgear.com/t5/WiFi-Range-Extenders-Nighthawk/extender-nighthawk-4x-7300-cannot-co... seems very relevant, however that method has not soved my issue.

Thanks all.

Model: EX7300|AC2200 Nighthawk X4 WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
GDonald
Aspirant

Re: Ive replaced my modem router, and now cannot get my 7300 working again no matter what I do...

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: Ive replaced my modem router, and now cannot get my 7300 working again no matter what I do...

What modem/router did you replace it with?

Firmware on the EX7300?

When you go through the setup process, what are all the led's doing? 

When you're hard wired into the extender with your pc, can you log into its settings?

Message 2 of 4
GDonald
Aspirant

Fixed it!

Ive discovered that the setup genie was not actually overwriting the Extender's previous password with my new one, but actually retaining it.

It turns out you dont have to create a new password in the genie-process, you can keep the original (in fact this seems compulsory).

Model: EX7300|AC2200 Nighthawk X4 WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 3 of 4
GDonald
Aspirant

thanks!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7