× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: My extender not showing 5ghz even if 5ghz signal broadcast is on..

Sampatel904
Aspirant

My extender not showing 5ghz even if 5ghz signal broadcast is on..

I have netgear ac750 wifi range extender ex6100 i already set it up with my router but 2.4 ghz network shows in my phone and my ipad but 5ghz simple not showing on my any device for i don't know why...

Also 2.4 ghz and 5ghz wifi ssid broadcast is enabled from extender setting page but still not showing in my phone why please any one tell me the solution....

I already reset extender also updated to letest firmware but not worked

I have router which broadcast 2.4ghz signal and i my Netgear. Extender i have enabled both 2.4 ghz and 5ghz broadcast so that i can use both signal but 5ghz simple not showing in any device not on android not on ios what should i do???
Model: EX6100|AC750 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 13
plemans
Guru

What firmware is on the extender? 

What version do you have? 

Version 1 was a non-mesh extender while version 2 was a mesh extender. 

A mesh extender combines the 2.4ghz and 5ghz ssid all into 1 ssid. so a standard scan only shows 1 ssid but the extender moves devices between the 2 bands as needed. 

Message 2 of 13
Sampatel904
Aspirant

Letest firmware and Version 2 of mesh extender

Now tell me how can i separate it manually because some of my device need to use 5ghz and there is no option for that so what should i do??? Please help
Message 3 of 13
plemans
Guru

You can disable the "onewifi" feature. That'd allow you to name the wireless bands whatever you'd prefer. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000044732/How-do-I-enable-or-disable-One-WiFi-Name-on-my-Nighthawk-Mesh-WiFi-...

Message 4 of 13
Sampatel904
Aspirant

I had check every setting in my router but got nothing like onewifi features please help...
How can i enable 5ghz option and also there is an option called fastline technology would this feature can help me to fix this???? I also attached screenshot so you can get hardware information and all that things...
Message 5 of 13
plemans
Guru

In your screen shot, you're not on the wireless settings page. Did you follow the instructions I linked to? 

or tried it with your pc? 

Message 6 of 13
Sampatel904
Aspirant

No actually there is no option that you mentioned see this is my wireless setting on extender...
Message 7 of 13
plemans
Guru

why don't you log in through a computer so we can see the whole page and not just a little bit of it on a mobile. 

Message 8 of 13
Sampatel904
Aspirant

This is the full page setting if wireless network which is you talking about and as you can see there is no option for onewifi now tell me what should i do and enable that 5ghz network....
Message 9 of 13
plemans
Guru

what actual version of the firmware are you on?  not "the latest". What version?

What router are you connecting to? 

Have you done a full wireless scan with something like inssider or acrylic? Do this and take a screen snip of it. 

Also, what phone/tablet models are you scanning with?

Message 10 of 13
Sampatel904
Aspirant

My extender is on latest version as i try to update the firmware from the wifi router setting page but it show firmware is uptodate i have done full wireless and there is no option for inssider or acrylic in router page....
Message 11 of 13
plemans
Guru

This is why we ask. 

1. the picture you show, has version 1.0.2.24 of the firmware.  you didn't answer the question. I had to look it up. Its a PITA. 

2. That ISN'T the latest version. And thats why we ask. 

3. even more important. Your firmware version indicates you're on version 1 of the EX6100, which is a non-mesh version. Which I specifically asked. 

How do you expect for us to give us even reasonable advice if you can't even look at your device to give us the proper version or care enough to look up the firmware and put what actual version you're on instead of "the latest". 

And acrylic or inssider aren't integrated to netgear. They're their own program for wireless channel scanning. 

Not sure how much I can help you if you can't even do the minimum on your part to do your own. It makes me suspect all your prior responses. 

Message 12 of 13
Sampatel904
Aspirant

Ok just tell me what do you want ask me all questions i will try my best and give you all answers of all your questions
Message 13 of 13
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series