× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: My ip address doesn't show up anymore, even after reset

oliveryue2
Aspirant

My ip address doesn't show up anymore, even after reset

I have a old wg602 router. I hard reset it because I couldn't connect to it.  I know it sucessfully reset because the SSID reverted back to Netgear. The default ip address printed on the router is 192.168.0.227

when i use cmd ipconfig. There is no default gateway, so obviously I can't get in. 

It's not my Ethernet card problem because I have other routers I can use that are just fine.

I tried manually assiging my Ethernet card to  192.168.0.227, but instead when I ping the address it times out and can never connect to it.

I've hard reset my router multiple times holding the reset buttong 30 seconds or more.  I've uplugged the router for hours and back in also.

I've also tried disabling ipv6 protocols on my ethernet card.

Obviously wifi doesn't connect to this router anymore if there is no ip address forthcoming from the router, and I've tried already with a multitude of devices namely an ipad air, samsung tab4 and my comupter. I can the SSID and that's it.

What do I do? Or is something it the router fried and this is the end of it's life?

Message 1 of 6
VE6CGX
Master

ipconfig command has many switchs one example is /renew  /all , etc.

Tried command with various switches?

Message 2 of 6
oliveryue2
Aspirant

Yeah I have. I tried releasing, and renewing already.  I don't see too much information need in /all, but I 've done that too already/ I've tried reinstalling my network card itself. But as stated before, the problem lies with the router itself and not my network card, because I have other routers that work just fine with said computer/network card.  So what I really require is a way to access the router's setting itself. That's all I need to get going, because then I can modify the router itself.  However, if one can't access the router in the first place, there would be no solution. Unless, there is some way to utilize command prompt to change settings within the router? It seems that this is not possible though. Any help is appreciated.  Also if this is the death of my router, I can accept that too. I just want to make sure before I chuck it in the bin.

Message 3 of 6
VE6CGX
Master

Tried switch /flushdns?   Turn off router, push and hold down reset switch, turn on the router,

when power indicator flashes let go the reset switch, wait until router does it's thing reboot and

come up ready, any change?

Message 4 of 6
oliveryue2
Aspirant

I tried turning on the router while holding the reset button like you said. Same old. Also flushed my DNS cache, still no good.

Message 5 of 6
nhann
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi oliveryu2,

The WG602 has defaults to the IP address of 192.168.0.227 with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0.

Configure the IP address of your PC to be within the same IP subnet (for example:192.168.0.x).

Is your WG602 Access Point connected to a router or modem?
Have you tried connecting ethernet from the WG602 to your computer?

Please see the user manual for more configurations:
http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/wg602_users_guide.pdf

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7