× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

N300 WiFi Range Extender taking up all my bandwidth.

Jpeart01
Aspirant

N300 WiFi Range Extender taking up all my bandwidth.

I called my isp to complain about slow internet speeds, they looked up my usage and all that jazz. Literally 99% of my bandwidth was being taken up by the extender uploading something. At the time i was closer to the router so I was connected directly to its signal, not the extender. So even with nothing connected to the extender at the time, it was still managing to hog all of the bandwitdh. ...... I change the password frequently, but again, there were no devices connected to it at the time, so its not an issue of others logging on and downloading or uploading or w.e., Any ideas on how to get this fixed? Yes malware scans have been done etc etc.

Model: WN3000RP|Universal WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: N300 WiFi Range Extender taking up all my bandwidth.

Hello Jpeart01

Have you made sure you firmware is up to date? also you may want to factory reset your device and connect it to the router again.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
Jpeart01
Aspirant

I did a hard reset, that sped things up for a whole 5 minutes or so. Not sure how to update the firmware, so no I have not done that. Any advice you could give me on the process?

Message 3 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Jpeart01

Log into your extender by going to www.mywifiext.net use the login of admin/password then go to firmware and click check. Then you should be able to update it.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7