× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

N300 Wifi Extender Device Link LED not Lighting

javila
Aspirant

N300 Wifi Extender Device Link LED not Lighting

Hello and thanks for your help on this issue.

I have been trying to set up my N300 extender for the last hour, but I can't even get past the first step because:

1. The Device LED never turns on, and

2. Every time I try to connect to the EXT network the Power light goes Amber and the connection is lost

I did a successful Factory Reset and it did not make any difference whatsoever. I also tried connecting to the extender directly from my Mac with an ethernet cable and it made no difference (obviously because of the amber power light). I cannot access www.mywifiext.com to set up the router or even update the firmware, etc. For this reason, I am about to actually throw the extender in the garbage, unless someone has any ideas as to what can be done. I bought it years ago, so there is no getting support from Netgear without paying, which I refuse to do.

Thanks again for your help.

Model: WN3000RPv2|N300 WIFI Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Re: N300 Wifi Extender Device Link LED not Lighting

Hi @javila,

May I know what IP address are you getting when you connect extender wired to your MAC PC?

Message 2 of 4
javila
Aspirant

The moment my Mac connects to the extender the connection is lost. So, I'm not sure if it's possible to check the IP address assigned.

Message 3 of 4
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Hi @javila,

What does the status for LAN on your MAC PC shows?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7