× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NETGEAR Mini N300 Mbps Wi-Fi Range Extender with External Antennas (Wi-Fi Booster) (EX2700-100UKS)

borischelski
Aspirant

NETGEAR Mini N300 Mbps Wi-Fi Range Extender with External Antennas (Wi-Fi Booster) (EX2700-100UKS)

My apologies for my potentially stupid questions:-)

I have just installed one of these in the back room and it has already made a big difference.

However I still have a blackspot in my daughters bedroom.

I plan to purchase exactly the same model again, set up the same way and plug into her bedroom. Is this possible? Would it make a difference ?

Alternatively if I additionaly installed my previous powerline XAV52O1 downstairs by the modem and XWN5001 upstairs in her bedroom, would this work in conjunction with my new NETGEAR Mini N300 Mbps Wi-Fi Range extender ?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: NETGEAR Mini N300 Mbps Wi-Fi Range Extender with External Antennas (Wi-Fi Booster) (EX2700-100UK

@borischelski wrote:

I plan to purchase exactly the same model again, set up the same way and plug into her bedroom. Is this possible? Would it make a difference ?

You can get a second extender, and link that to your router.  You might want to place that extender in between her bedroom and the router - ideally in a place where you get a good wifi signal from the router, and still reach the bedroom.

You could also try moving your existing extender to see if you can find a spot for it that reaches both rooms.  There are several wifi analyzer apps that can give you some idea of signal strength (netgear has a free one).

@borischelski wrote:

Alternatively if I additionaly installed my previous powerline XAV52O1 downstairs by the modem and XWN5001 upstairs in her bedroom, would this work in conjunction with my new NETGEAR Mini N300 Mbps Wi-Fi Range extender ?

That would also work (though it wouldn't work together with the extender, it would be an independent access point).  Powerline speed is a bit hit-or-miss - it depends on wiring and circuit load.  So if performance is weak, then try another pair of outlets if you can.

Note that a second extender (or the powerline approach) might need a different network name from the ones you have already. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7