× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NETGEAR Range extender

Penniedawne
Aspirant

NETGEAR Range extender

I have had my range extender for 6 months and have used it every day with no problem until this week. Now it keeps cutting out.  I have reset it and been successful but today I have tried everything and am unable to re-connect.  I have tried multiple times, both with the WPS and manually.  I have just pushed the factory reset on the bottom and the green light comes on but it will still not connect to the router. I'm not sure what to do next....any help would be appreciated. I am following the instructions in the quick start manual.

Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: NETGEAR Range extender

Hello Penniedawne, 

Your device may possible be due for a firmware update. Would you mind telling me the firmware version the extender is on? 

Thanks,
Christian 

Message 2 of 5
Penniedawne
Aspirant

Hi Christian,
I have no idea what firmware my range extender is on or how to update it...any help is appreciated.
Pennie
Message 3 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Penniedawne, 

Certainly! Let me go ahead and get our support team to reach out to you for assistance. Would you mind sending me a message with your contact info and serial number of the extender. 

Thanks!

Christian 

Message 4 of 5
Penniedawne
Aspirant

Hi Christian,

The serial # is: 

4GE8925S03489

Model: EX2700

my email is:

penniedawne@gmail.com