× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear AC 1750 Model 6KS417D05325D

einnor
Tutor

Netgear AC 1750 Model 6KS417D05325D

Power outage resulted in replacing router. Now, I can't connect my Netgear extender. My wireless signal is strong. My phone is connected to the wireless, but using the Nighthawk app results in "Extender Not Found." I can't see "NETGEAR_EXT" to connect to, and I can't get the extender connected to my wireless network.  I've tried re-setting the extender, but no help.

Message 1 of 9

Re: Netgear AC 1750 Model 6KS417D05325D

@einnor wrote:

Power outage resulted in replacing router.

With what?

AC1750 is not a reliable guide to model number. Many devices come with an AC tag, but it is essentially a label that Netgear, and other brands, attach to hardware to describe wifi speeds.

Look at the label on the device for the model number.

We don't know what the extender is either.

Message 2 of 9
plemans
Guru

What actual extender is it? 

When you replaced your router, did you use the same SSID as the old router? 

What are all the led's on the extender doing? (color, blinking, solid, etc)

Message 3 of 9
einnor
Tutor

Model # is EX6400v3

I've been told by internet provider (Spectrum) that the new router is a wifi 6 router and my mesh extender isn't compatible with that (same thing has happened with my Eufy robovac...can't connect to 5G, needs 2.5 G).

Message 4 of 9
einnor
Tutor

A mesh extender, model #EX6400v3.  I believe we did, although it was the Spectrum tech and not me who connected the new router.  The first two lights - from left to right - are green.  Other two are blank, although I did see for a moment today the 4th light was red for a moment.

I've been told today by Spectrum tech (not the installer) that the router is wifi 6 and my extender isn't compatible with that (have had the same issue with our Eufy vac...needs 2.5 G and we're apparently only getting 5 G now).

Message 5 of 9
plemans
Guru

Have you tried hardwiring a pc/laptop into the extender to access it/go through setup? 
it should still be able to connect to a wifi 6 router. 

Message 6 of 9
Heffner
Aspirant

NETGEAR - AC1750 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Range Extender

I am having the same issue. I've had to reset the device, which I am using as a Range Extender, 4 time already. Initially, I see the NETGEAR_EXT SSID in my device settings. But once I get to the create Admin account form and submit, the NETGEAR_EXT SSID disappears. I do not have the check box checked for using the same name for the extender. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!

Message 7 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

I recommend reviing the quick installation guide and or user manual to set up the EX unit:

https://www.netgear.com/support/

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the WiFi Extender products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with WiFi Extender (EA and EAX Series) products:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/WiFi-Range-Extenders-Nighthawk/bd-p/home-wifi-range-extenders

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you.

Message 8 of 9

@Heffner wrote:

NETGEAR - AC1750 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Range Extender

That's not a Netgear model number. The only purpose-build Extender with that wifi technology is the EX6250. Is that what you own?

Or are you using something else? I ask because of this:

I am having the same issue. I've had to reset the device, which I am using as a Range Extender ...

You can also use other devices as range extenders. For example, the R6700 will work in WDS mode.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Look for the model number on the label on the device.

Begin with the Quick Start/Installation Guide.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7