× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear AC1200 Wifi Extender Issues

Nakatomi
Aspirant

Netgear AC1200 Wifi Extender Issues

I have the above wifi extender and I just recently changed it to become an access point as I have a long cat5e ethernet cable coming from my router downstairs to a netgear 5 port ethernet hub, I did use it as a wifi extender but sometimes I was getting more buffering from devices connected to it like my Amazon Fire Stick and using Disney+. So just now connected it to the hub via the ethernet port via a 0.3m Cat5e cable and went into the options to change it to an access point, I kept the SSID's for the 2.4/5ghz bands the name and passwords too it carried on with set-up and asked me to check the box once I connected it to the router via the cable so I did.

I then got an error back and now I can't access it via the saved address I have in my firefox bookmarks my phone is working fine on the same SSID as well as my other stuff, but I would still like to gain access to it when I need to what is the issue and is there a way to resolve it.

Model: EX6120|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Log into your router and check the IP address for it. It might have had a new ip address assigned. 

Message 2 of 3
Nakatomi
Aspirant

I have been in to my routers settings page and it shows under connected devices EX6120 but it's says its wireless and not connected with a green light, I have copied and pasted items that show up as unknown and none of them work I don't know if I should do a hard reset and try it again but right now its working fine it's broadcasting the same SSIDs for 2.4/5ghz and like I said my phone it working on it fine. I could just leave it since it's working but I would like access to it for firmware updates etc and to check on connected devices and what not I don't understand if it switches to Access point mode why I can't use the same address or find it working in my router settings page

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7