× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear EX-7000 extender Problem with Upload Speed

rslevine
Aspirant

Netgear EX-7000 extender Problem with Upload Speed

I have 2 Netgear EX-7000 extenders on 2 different PC computers. The extenders are connected the the PC's via an ethernet cable. The computers & extenders are upstairs & the router/modem is downstairs - thus the need for the extenders. I get ok download speeds (around 400) but terrible upload speed (1-2). I used my cell phone next to the router and got upload speed of 23. So I know is not coming from my router. I have the same problem on both computers. I updated the firmware. But that did not help. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 3
social
Aspirant

Re: Netgear EX-7000 extender Problem with Upload Speed

@rslevine wrote:

I have 2 Netgear EX-7000 extenders on 2 different PC computers. The extenders are connected the the PC's via an ethernet cable. The computers & extenders are upstairs & the router/modem is downstairs - thus the need for the extenders. I get ok download speeds (around 400) but terrible upload speed (1-2). I used my cell phone next to the router and got upload speed of 23. So I know is not coming from my router. I have the same problem on both computers. I updated the firmware. But that did not help. Any suggestions?

You can start by ensuring optimal placement of the extenders and checking for any sources of interference nearby. Verify the quality of the Ethernet cables connecting the extenders to your PC computers and review router settings for potential optimizations. Experiment with different Wi-Fi channels and consider resetting and reconfiguring the extenders if necessary. In my case It was solved by changing the router settings

Message 2 of 3
rslevine
Aspirant

Re: Netgear EX-7000 extender Problem with Upload Speed

how did you change  your router settings?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7