× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear N600 as a repeater?

Neil4688
Aspirant

Netgear N600 as a repeater?

I have an Apple Time Capsule connected to my Arris SB6141 modem. I have an additional Netgear N600 router that I want to connect to my network and use it as a wifi extender while also being able to run ethernet cables from the ports to have wired connections in another part of my house. How can I set this up? I was wondering if they will all be on the name network and not create an additional wireless network also. Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 7
Neil4688
Aspirant

Re: Netgear N600 as a repeater?

To clarify I have the Netgear N600 in my basement. I have an Ethernet line already running downstairs from my Time Capsule so I need help with what settings to configure on the router itself and if I would need to configure anything on the main router as well.
Message 2 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Neil4688

If you plug the ethernet into the WAN port of the router then go into the advanced settings setup and then LAN setup and uncheck use router as DHCP server you should be able to use it as a wireless AP.

DarrenM

Message 3 of 7
Neil4688
Aspirant

Would I still be able to use the LAN ports of the second ap router?
Message 4 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Neil4688

Yes you should be able to.

DarrenM

Message 5 of 7
Neil4688
Aspirant

Will my second router extend my first? I won't have a second network name from doing that? Basically I wanted to extend my first routers Wireless signal with the second router while still being able to use the LAN ports of the second router.
Message 6 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Neil4688

You can have them both named the same SSID and password.

DarrenM

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series