× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear ex6110 Extender installation assistant displaying confusing page, not sure how to procee

lazuri
Aspirant

Netgear ex6110 Extender installation assistant displaying confusing page, not sure how to proceed

I am trying to configure a Netgear ex6100 wifi extender into an existing network of extenders ( they are the same model). But when I connect to NETGEAR_EXT and enter the webapge mywifiext I get the attached screenshots. The instruction manual says to follow the prompts to connect your extender to your existing wifi network but I don't see any simple prompts like with most extenders. WPS is not on my router. Any suggestions?

Model: EX6100|AC750 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Netgear ex6110 Extender installation assistant displaying confusing page, not sure how to procee

have you tried hardwiring into the extender and then using the smart connect wizard to set it up?

If you do this, make sure to disable the wireless on the device you're using so it can't connect via wireless to the already setup network. 

Once you've hardwired in, then try the logging in and using the smart wizard for setup. The support site has a video on manually setting up as well as the manual walks you through it. 

Here's your support site with manual, firmare, etc.  Keep in mind there's 2 versions of the ex6100. select your correct one from the drop down.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/EX6100

also, just an fyi, many people have issues running multiple extenders. If you setup individual ssid's for them, it helps prevent these issues. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
lazuri
Aspirant

Another screenshot

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

have you tried hardwiring into the extender and then using the smart connect wizard to set it up?

If you do this, make sure to disable the wireless on the device you're using so it can't connect via wireless to the already setup network. 

Once you've hardwired in, then try the logging in and using the smart wizard for setup. The support site has a video on manually setting up as well as the manual walks you through it. 

Here's your support site with manual, firmare, etc.  Keep in mind there's 2 versions of the ex6100. select your correct one from the drop down.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/EX6100

also, just an fyi, many people have issues running multiple extenders. If you setup individual ssid's for them, it helps prevent these issues. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7