× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New to range extender set up

congaman59
Aspirant

New to range extender set up

I reciently bought a wn2500rp v2 dual band repeater. I am trying to set it up to work with my Lynksys E4200 dual band wireless router. that router is connected to the router from Comcast. I have never set up one of these before. When I tried the first time I could connect to the extender but the extender wasn't connected to my wireless router. I want to reset the netgear and start from scratch. I did install the new firmware. My wireless router uses DHCP and uses WPA/WPA2 mixed mode security. the Linksys has WPS and gives me a pen number for that device.

What I need to know is how to plug in the Netgear to set it up. Does it have to be plugged in to the Linksys?

Model: WN2500RPv2|N600 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: New to range extender set up

Hello congaman59

This article may be helpful for the setup.

http://kb.netgear.com/22034/How-to-setup-your-NETGEAR-WN3500RP-WN2500RPv2-Wi-Fi-Range-Extender?cid=w...

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
congaman59
Aspirant

I tried to use the article steps but when I got to number 4 it didn't find my local wi-fi setup.

Message 3 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello congaman59

Do you had the SSID hidden on the main network? Also try to set up the extender beside the router then after you get a connection move it to where you want it.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7