× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk AC1900 extender

Barney009
Aspirant

Nighthawk AC1900 extender

Hi 

I have the subject extender and all four lights are green, but I the nighthawk link does not come up to connect to.

What am I doing wrong?

thanks

Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

things you're doing wrong? 

1. AC1900 is a speed, not a model. What actual model do you have? 

2. Most of the AC1900 classes of extenders are Mesh extenders. Meaning they'll have the same exact ssid/password as the primary router unless you disable it. So if you set it up using the WPS process or the assistant, its default configuration is mesh. 

3. if the led for router and the one for devices are both green, its indicating its setup. 

Message 2 of 7
Barney009
Aspirant

Hi, thanks for the response

I have the Wifi Mesh Extender Essential Edition.

All lights are green on the front of the unit, I even have a network cable plugged in but when i go to set up the extender in the Nighthawk app (attached screen shot) the network name "Netgear_EXT" does not show at all, so cannot set the unit up to be abe to connect to it.

Any further thoughts or suggestions?

appreicaye the help

Drew

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

@Barney009 wrote:

Hi, thanks for the response

I have the Wifi Mesh Extender Essential Edition.-----that still isn't a modem. There's a bunch of "mesh" editions. Look at the label and it'll have a model number. 

All lights are green on the front of the unit,----Tends to be a good result.  I even have a network cable plugged in---to what? From the router to the extender? Because your photo is showing on a phone and the phone isn't going to have an ethernet port. And if its router---extender, then the extender needs to be in access point mode and not extender mode but when i go to set up the extender in the Nighthawk app (attached screen shot) the network name "Netgear_EXT" does not show at all, so cannot set the unit up to be abe to connect to it.----If all the lights are green, you've setup something because those are indicating a router--extender connection. Try using a pc/laptop and logging into your router. Look for its attached devices page. On that page, it'll list the extender (if it is setup) with its ip address. Use the IP address to access it. 

Any further thoughts or suggestions?

appreicaye the help

Drew

Message 4 of 7
Barney009
Aspirant

Hi

I still cannot get this thing to work.

Model is EX6400

While I have progressed slightly, I now see NETGEAR_EXT on wifi networks to click on.

Once I click on NETGEAR_EXT, it goes through to process and finally comes up with "Connected without Internet". I have tried all the helps and tips and still cannot get it connected. as per screen shot.

How do i now get it to connect to the wifi? and finally get this thing to work?

thanks

Message 5 of 7
plemans
Guru

the connected without internet saying  you've connected to the extender. Now you need to go through the setup process. 

Here's a video of using the installation assistant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJVklshxBMk

Message 6 of 7
Shahseo
Aspirant

Reboot both extender & router unplug 30 sec, plug back in one by one.

Browser Refresh: Clear cache & cookies, then try the Nighthawk link again. Manual Connection (Optional): Connect to extender's Wi-Fi SSID & password on label, access setup at mywifiext.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7