× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk x6s EX3000/ac3000 is junk

E307
Follower

Nighthawk x6s EX3000/ac3000 is junk

This unit worked ok for about 5 months now. While on the network out in the shop for 4 of the 5 months I would constantly get "reconnected to network" flashing on my screens. A few days ago I walked out there and all 8 lights are blinking white, and the light next to the power button is flashing green at twice the pace of the eight front lights. Tried a factory reset to no avail. Tried the three methods of the tftp update, still nothing. Still waiting on that call back from tech support, or even an e-mail, and I'm sure all I will get is "Try unplugging it for thirty seconds...". Don't you think that is the first thing I tried to do? When I plug it in ethernet, I can not even get an IP address for it, as all three PC's can not even see it. This is my last hail mary before buying another brand. Let me know, thanks.

Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nighthawk x6s EX3000/ac3000 is junk

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the WiFi Extender products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with WiFi Extender products and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this router forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/WiFi-Range-Extenders-Nighthawk/bd-p/home-wifi-range-extenders

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series