× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: No Internet connection even with EX8000 showing white light

SEBV88
Aspirant

No Internet connection even with EX8000 showing white light

We live in the country with zero service for Internet, plus poor phone service. Purchased the new Nighthawk WiFi Mobile router (MR1100) which works fairly well, in the one and only spot upstairs where we have 3 bars of service, except it does not reach outside the room in which it is located.  Purchased the Netgear Nighthawk Mesh Extender EX8000, spent hours setting the damn thing up (since it doesn't have a WPS button on the router and I have apple products) got everything connected, great white light showing connection A-ok, my phone and my laptop show complete bars of service for the wifi.....only problem is....ZERO internet connection.  If I turn off the extender, I show 1 band of wifi, but BOTH my laptop and phone will connect (VERY slowly!) but they will connect.  What am I missing??

Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello SEBV88 - Thanks for your post. Would you mind confirming how you got the extender up and running? Did you go through the setup using www.mywifiext.net? 

~Christian 

Message 2 of 3
SEBV88
Aspirant

Nope I did it with the instruction manual myself.  Each item at Netgear is handled by a seperate customer service people, so I was back and forth for the entire weekend.  My set up of the extender was fine, the router - the 'new' wireless router was not communicating with the mesh extender.  With help from three different people, we got my airprint function working, the mesh extender checked out and the router talking to the mesh extender ....way way too much hassle to set things up, but very nice customer service people, after I got hold of someone.  On hold for extirely too long

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7