× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

PLEASE HELP ME! Can't connect to VPN via WiFi Range Extender

MightyG
Follower

PLEASE HELP ME! Can't connect to VPN via WiFi Range Extender

I am trying to connect to connect to my work VPN via my Netgear EX6200 WiFi Range Extender.  It connects but doesn't allow me to connect to any of my drives.  I was told by my IT department that I do have an IP address so they did verify that I was connected but that is as far as I can get.  It is the same result reguardless if I am wired to it or on WiFi.  The VPN does work perfectly if I connect either wired or through WiFi via my router (Netgear WNDR3400).  There aren't a lot of settings to change on the EX6200 and I feel like I have changed every combination without any success.  Both the ex6200 and the wndr3400 have the latest firmware.  I unfortunately don't know anymore information about my VPN other than what I have provided.  Thank you ahead of time for any help you can offer!  🙂

Model: EX6200|AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: PLEASE HELP ME! Can't connect to VPN via WiFi Range Extender

Hello MightyG

Have you tried to use the address reservation to reserve the IP of the extender on the main router also may want to add it to the allow list in case something strange is happening.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7