× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Query powerline wifi in multiple rooms

Acedoug
Aspirant

Query powerline wifi in multiple rooms

Hi,

I need to put in wifi in multple rooms the walls are to thick to cable inan old house I need to know what powerline equipment would be suitable please.

Regards

Acedoug

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Query powerline wifi in multiple rooms

you could try powerline, you could try moca adapters, you could even try a mesh setup if you were so inclined. I can't tell you 100% what will work the best because i'm not there. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

@Acedoug wrote:

Hi,

I need to put in wifi in multple rooms the walls are to thick to cable inan old house I need to know what powerline equipment would be suitable please.

Regards

Acedoug

its tough to say off that. some homes run great with powereline. others have issues due to interference/old wiring/etc. 

you might just want to buy a cheap set to test out to see if its even feasible/how it performs in your home. 

Message 2 of 4
Acedoug
Aspirant

Hi
Thanks for reply. I believe the place was rewired a couple of years ago. So having discussed with the owner they need something in as soon as possible. What would I need to do four rooms wirelessly? One room has a router (zyxel)
Regards
Acedoug
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

you could try powerline, you could try moca adapters, you could even try a mesh setup if you were so inclined. I can't tell you 100% what will work the best because i'm not there. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7