× Our systems will undergo a planned maintenance on Sunday, May 19, 2024, between 12:00 AM and 02:00 AM Pacific Time. During the maintenance window, you will not be able to log in to your MyNETGEAR account (including apps), renew a subscription, or register a product. However, you will still be able to use guest checkout to purchase a new product or subscription service. Updates will be posted to Status.NETGEAR.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Repeated Disconnects EX7000 AC1900

ttnoewoc
Star

Repeated Disconnects EX7000 AC1900

My Router worked great for the first 8 months.  Over the past number of months, I have been experiencing repeated disconnects from my main router. For the most part, I just told everyone in the house to go reboot the router, and all was fine.

Over the past month, it became a supreme annoyance so I started troubleshooting:

1) Reset to default and reconfigure

2) Change location

3) Change Configuration (different channels, Fast Lane in all its iterations, etc)

It is just failing and obviously a hardware issue. Firmware is of course up to date and I even replaced my main router to be sure with no change. It will work for an hour or a day, and then just stop connecting to the internet. Interestingly, there is nothing INDICATING it is disconnected, just stops accessing the internet.

NOW I finally get the time to check in with support and I find my warranty is out by 5 days!!! Grrrr.

I loved this router, but if I have to go buy a new one you can be sure I will not be getting another netgear. Do I have any options?

Model: EX7000|AC1900 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Ttnoewoc

Are you talking about the extender the EX7000 or the router the R7000?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 6
ttnoewoc
Star

Hi Darren,

I am speaking about the AC1900 WiFi Range Extender, Model EX7000.

It appears there are a large number of people who have experienced this issue. 

It did work great for 8 months or so.

Model: EX7000|AC1900 WiFi Range Extender
Message 3 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello ttnoewoc

You could try to change the wireless channels on your router to see if you get a better connection with the extender also make sure the extender is using the latest firmware.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 6
ttnoewoc
Star

Hi Darren thank you. Referencing my original post:

My Router worked great for the first 8 months.  Over the past number of months, I have been experiencing repeated disconnects from my main router. For the most part, I just told everyone in the house to go reboot the router, and all was fine.

Over the past month, it became a supreme annoyance so I started troubleshooting:

1) Reset to default and reconfigure

2) Change location

3) Change Configuration (different channels, Fast Lane in all its iterations, etc)

It is just failing and obviously a hardware issue. Firmware is of course up to date and I even replaced my main router to be sure with no change. It will work for an hour or a day, and then just stop connecting to the internet. Interestingly, there is nothing INDICATING it is disconnected, just stops accessing the internet.

NOW I finally get the time to check in with support and I find my warranty is out by 5 days!!! Grrrr.

I loved this router, but if I have to go buy a new one you can be sure I will not be getting another netgear. Do I have any options?

Message 5 of 6
mikets
Initiate

Hello, I have the same issue with my EX7000 AC1900, it works ok for 2 days in extender mode, then drops wifi connectivity. Once rebooted, ok again for couple of days before same issue repeating. I have re-configured the channels, and upgraded the firmware but that did nothing. Anything else that can be done? I have purchased my unit in 2015.

Any help is appreciated.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7