× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Requesting wi-fi address on extender fails EX6110

CircuitsGleam
Aspirant

Requesting wi-fi address on extender fails EX6110

I just bought an extender and while it connects to my network it always fails to register a network address and defaults to my router when trying to connect. I have the extender plugged in 3 feet away from the router. 100% connection, 3 green solid lights. Does the WPS need switched off. Hmmm. No it appears that can't be switched off. Have logged into extender and after completion again it tells me "your wi-fi extender connection is up and running" while directly under this it tells me "no connection" on the networks. Will try upload screenshot. At a loss to understand. Also I've just updated to the new firmware as suggested when I logged into the extender. Any suggestions gratefully accepted, thank you
netgear.png

Message 1 of 5
CircuitsGleam
Aspirant

I should have edited that screenshot--someone allow me thanks

Message 2 of 5
plemans
Guru

Did you set it up using the push button WPS option? 

If so, factory reset the extender  and set it up using the installation assistant.

To factory reset, push and hold the reset button for 7-15 seconds while powered on. 

Here's a video of how to use the assistant. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJVklshxBMk

Message 3 of 5
CircuitsGleam
Aspirant

thanks for reply. I did try the wps option but it didn't work so I used the laptop and the website thats forbidden to mention
I'll have a look at that YT vid, thanks

Message 4 of 5
CircuitsGleam
Aspirant

the video was one minute of setup tutorial that I had already gone thru but thank you for the reply.

It may be a Linux issue as my firestick did connect to the extended network although my laptop still refuses.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7