× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Splitting access to church internet - Staff/Visitors

Radoc
Initiate

Splitting access to church internet - Staff/Visitors

This request keeps cropping up in the Priory ever since I extended the WiFi coverage to include the two halls as well as the church itself. (Thanks to members here who helped me). This was done primarily to provide a WiFi link in the church for video streaming church services via Facebook & YouTube during Covid lockdown (and continued ever since), and in the halls to allow remote control of heating vie Hive. The halls are regularly hired out for community use and it is some of them who are asking for access.
The network comprises of a standard BT Modem/Hub, and two Access Points using Netgear AC1200 WiFi Range Extenders - Model EX6150 to extend coverage to halls. Access is controlled via one password for church coverage and two passwords for halls (different one for each speed).
What I am now being asked to provide is two levels of access - effectively Staff and Guests. The need is not particularly to control data download, but to have some sort of record of who has been accessing the internet via the Priory internet connection in the unlikely event of problems.
Is it possible to do this using hardware we have and if not, what would I need.

We don't usually have a computer connected - only as and when needed, usually to connect for streaming of services. Only Hive heating control is connected 24/7.

Message 1 of 2
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Splitting access to church internet - Staff/Visitors

Hi @Radoc,

Thank you for reaching out. We are sorry for not being able to get back to you immediately. You may check this link for further information.

https://kb.netgear.com/000062109/How-do-I-set-up-and-install-NETGEAR-Smart-Parental-Controls

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7