× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Turning DHCP off in Nighthawk Mesh Wifi 6 router MR60

JGriff754
Follower

Turning DHCP off in Nighthawk Mesh Wifi 6 router MR60

Hi, can anybody advise on the following.

I have an MK63 - Nighthawk Mesh Wifi 6 router (MR60 / MS60) with two satelites connected to a Bitdefender Box firewall router.

Firmware V1.0.6.102_2.0.45

I have disabled DHCP in the Mesh router as the Bitdefender Box acts as router for wifi and wired devices.

I got the setup to work by connecting the Mesh router to the Bitdefender Box via the 'Ethernet' port. The Mesh wifi does not work if I connect the Mesh router to the Bitdefender Box via the Mesh router's 'Internet' port.

Seems to work fine, with wfif IP addresses being assigned by the Bitdefender Box. The only issues that I can see are:

1) the Mesh Wifi router LED is orange all the time. (The Mesh Wifi satellite boxes are showing blue leds).

2) the Nighthawk app on my iphone now refuses to connect to the Mesh Wifi router.

I don't think issues 1 and 2 above are important. Is this correct? Anybody know of a way to fix issues 1 and 2 and still have DHCP off in the Mesh wifi router?

Many thanks

Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7