× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to detect extender on network. NIGHTHAWK X6S Tri-band mesh extender

jnl2001
Aspirant

Unable to detect extender on network. NIGHTHAWK X6S Tri-band mesh extender

My Nighthawk X6S Tri-Band Mesh Extender will no longer show on my network. It has previously worked ok but now no matter what I have tried it can no longer be discovered on any device. I have a Virgin Hub 3.0 which has just been replaced like for like so nothing has changed all settings are the same which are default settings. I would say that my Virgin Hub did previously show two options 2gh and 5 but this no longer happens..?

Any ideas.??

Model: R7900P|Nighthawk X6S AC3000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Unable to detect extender on network. NIGHTHAWK X6S Tri-band mesh extender

Yo9u put that you're using the x6s triband extender but also put the R7900p in your signature and talked about the virgin hub 3.0. 

What all devices do you have? (btw x6s isn't a model number for the extender)

what are the led's on the extender doing? All of them. color/blinking/solid

Did you setup the mesh extender with the single ssid function? if so, it uses the same ssid as the router and you won't "see" it as a seperate network. devices will still roam to it though. 

Message 2 of 4
jnl2001
Aspirant

The model that is on the bottom is as above.

Prior to this issue it used to show on my network as the same name as the router with -EXT on the end. It does not now. I am sure there is a reason for this but I dont understand when technology changes something when you havent physically done anything to it.??

Anyway thanks for your response.

Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

@jnl2001 wrote:

The model that is on the bottom is as above.

This makes not sense because the model you listed on the bottom isn't the same as the one above. 

What model do you have?

And if you are running a mesh extender and running it in mesh extender mode, it uses the same ssid as the router. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7