× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to set up Extender (WN2000RPTv3)

bigdog09
Initiate

Unable to set up Extender (WN2000RPTv3)

First off thank you for taking the time to read this.

I have a Netgear extender (WN2000RPTv3) and for the last few months it's worked great. However we replaced our router today and haven't had any luck setting the extender up again. 

We used the same SSID on the new router that we did on the hold, so I was hoping that it would see the SSID and carry on as usual. That wasn't the case. The devices connected to it never were able to access the internet, so I decided to just reconfigure it. I plugged my laptop into it and went to the web GUI. I searched for connections and found my router listed with 98% strength. I joined the connection and entered the password. Everything look great at first. Looks like it connected, then came naming my extender which I left as the default [SSID]_EXT. Then came the final step to connect a wireless device to make sure that it worked. I connected my phone and hit continue. Then all of a sudden it says that it can't find the router anymore and that I should move closer. 

I tried it again with the same results, every looks great until the wizard completes and it drops the connection. Here is what i've tried so far:

Factory Resetting the Extender

Changing the SSID on the router

Setting the router to only broadcast N at 2.4Ghz

Changing the channel from 11 to an used channel in my area

I'm not really sure what to do at this point. I've exhausted all of the options that I can think of. I know the device has worked great in the past, so I'm not sure what the problem is here.

Thank you in advance for the help.

Message 1 of 2
bigdog09
Initiate

Re: Unable to set up Extender (WN2000RPTv3)

I updated to the Firmware to the most current. It changed the GUI, but the results are still the same.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 4 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7