× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

2 Wifi Extenders ?

Aspirant

2 Wifi Extenders ?

Hi , am not too pc savvy so please bear with me .....have a Netgear EX2700 wifi extender installed , it has improved my internet connection  downstairs but still get the occasional buffering , so was wondering if i added another EX2700 extender say halfway between  the present one and my router , would that "piggy  backing " of the signal improve matters  or would it not help ?

My trouble is that the router is upstairs where my fibre optic cable comes in , but could do with a stronger signal in the downstairs area for other devices.

Message 1 of 5
TheEther
Guru

Re: 2 Wifi Extenders ?

"Piggy backing" extenders wirelessly is strongly discouraged.  The performance drop (75% or more) will likely be unacceptable.

You can, however, connect as many extenders as you want off of an Ethernet or Powerline network that is connected back to your router.  This is the ideal setup without the performance penalty associated with wireless extenders.   

Message 2 of 5
Aspirant

Thanks for the prompt reply ...can you tell me what Netgear extender gives out the strongest signal please ?

Message 3 of 5
TheEther
Guru

I personally have not used any of Netgear's extenders.  The EX7000 advertises 700mW amplifiers, so it probably has good range.  It's pretty pricy and your mileage may vary, so do your own research and make sure it meets your needs and budget.  

BTW, I notice that Netgear just released two new extenders: the EX7300 and the EX6400.

Message 4 of 5
Aspirant

Thanks for the info, will take peek a them .

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7