× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WG602 v3...Cannot get into config utility!???

CrunchDude
Novice

WG602 v3...Cannot get into config utility!???

Hi all...Can someone please tell me as to how I can get into the wireless settings. I guess I mean the IP address for the AP. It's supposed to be 192.160.0.1, or 192.168.1.1, correct?

Well, I have a router from AVM, and I'm able to get into ITS config utility when I'm not even connected to it directly, but not with the Netgear AP. I even connected it with an Ethernet cable, and nothing on either IP.

Please help! 😞

Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
aechmea
Aspirant

Re: WG602 v3...Cannot get into config utility!???

CrunchDude wrote:
Hi all...Can someone please tell me as to how It's supposed to be 192.160.0.1, or 192.168.1.1, correct?

I doubt it. From memory the default IP address as shipped from the factory is 192.168.0.227.

Maybe you should do a "factory" reset, connect your computer by ethernet, and do your set-up from the beginning.

The user maunual is linked from here

http://kbserver.netgear.com/products/WG602v3.asp
Message 2 of 8
CrunchDude
Novice

aechmea wrote:
I doubt it. From memory the default IP address as shipped from the factory is 192.168.0.227.

Maybe you should do a "factory" reset, connect your computer by ethernet, and do your set-up from the beginning.

The user maunual is linked from here

http://kbserver.netgear.com/products/WG602v3.asp

Oh that's right, and I also tried 192.168.0.227. Multiple times. I CANNOT get into the darn router. What could be the cause? I'm asking because I NEVER could configure it to anything ever!! 😞

Thank you everyone!
Message 3 of 8
siradlib
Aspirant

Did you try to factory reset your WG602v3?
After that, you should be able to open config page by surfing to http://192.168.0.227
For me, getting the unit to do a factory reset was somewhat tricky, so I wrote down the steps for this here: click!
Message 4 of 8
CrunchDude
Novice

Oh thank you, sir! 😉 I can't believe that everything with that darn AP is so difficult and complicated. ????

Thanks!!
Message 5 of 8
CrunchDude
Novice

Oh thank you, sir! 😉 I can't believe that everything with that darn AP is so difficult and complicated. ????

Thanks!!
Message 6 of 8
jedijurist
Aspirant

I am having the same problem, and I have reset the AP several times (holding down the button for more than 10 secs), have followed the directions to a T, and it still only get "IE can't display the webpage" error instead of the login box. I had this on a network, and it worked great. Then I changed routers and network names and just wanted to update it - couldn't log in to the AP. Nothing works, IP or MAC login.

Please help!!!
Message 7 of 8
jedijurist
Aspirant

jedijurist wrote:
I am having the same problem, and I have reset the AP several times (holding down the button for more than 10 secs), have followed the directions to a T, and it still only get "IE can't display the webpage" error instead of the login box. I had this on a network, and it worked great. Then I changed routers and network names and just wanted to update it - couldn't log in to the AP. Nothing works, IP or MAC login.

Please help!!!

Never mind - I finally got it to work by AGAIN changing the static IP addresses. Funny thing, they were already on the correct settings, but I just applied them again and, magically, it worked on the second time around.
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7