× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WN2000RPT :: No internet access

CaptainNemo
Aspirant

WN2000RPT :: No internet access

Hi

I noticed there is no internet access with the WN2000RPT wireless extender. I get IP from the "master" WLAN Router, but I can't go any further. No internet access...

What is the cause? Newest firmware has been installed and I re-configured the router many times including revert to factory settings.

Thanks for inputs.

Norbert
Message 1 of 4
CaptainNemo
Aspirant

Additional info: This post is linked to the other: http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=68167 but even with no encryption WLAN between netgear and my Zyxel router there was no internet connection.
Message 2 of 4
CaptainNemo
Aspirant

Update, the connection with the WLAN router is working. But the issue with the "limited internet access".

I do get an IP adress from the DHCP, but I can't ping this router. I only can ping the WLAN Extender WN2000RPT.

What has to be done?

Thanks
Norbert
Message 3 of 4
samtony1981
Aspirant

the problem with mine was the router set to encryption type AES. but the extender was set up to encryption type TKIP so all I had to do was connect the extender to my PC via cable then went to mywifiext.NET from firefox, loged in, went to wireless settings and deselected Keep Existing Wireless Settings, then went to open network and sharing center on my PC then extender properties and swich encryption type to AES. I also updated the firmware.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7