× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WN2500RPv2 N600 - "The Extender was not able to connect to your existing network."

SlippinJimmy
Follower

WN2500RPv2 N600 - "The Extender was not able to connect to your existing network."

After the setup genie tries to connect the extender to the router it gives me this error message:

"The Extender was not able to connect to your existing network.

Please re-enter the passphrase and try again.

Selected Network:

Security Protocol: WPA2-PSK [AES]

Password (network key):

If you entered the correct passphrase, and the Extender did not connect to your existing wireless network, you might need to move the Extender closer to your router or to a position with a better line of sight. Check the Extender LEDs to isolate the problem. The LEDs are explained in the installation guide and user manual for your product.

If you have Access Control List (ACL) enabled in your router, please make sure you have added below MAC address into your router's Access Control List (ACL). The Extender MAC addresses are 02:0F:B5:B5:DA:9F 00:90:4C:01:30:01 6E:B0:CE:B5:DA:9F Your wireless adapter MAC address is 02:0F:B5:65:C4:F9 Click Cancel to select a different network."

I've tried many times and I make sure to follow the instructions in the manual, but I get this error every time.

I saw that another user simply clicked the skip button to continue setting up the extender and it worked. I tried that but when devices connect to the extender, they automatically pull up the setup genie (devices detect the extender but it doesn't connect to the router). I've reset the extender to the factory settings and I've tried the WPS button. Nothing works.

I've seen the other discussions about this issue but there doesn't seem to be a solution. Is this just a defective extender? Maybe I just didn't find the right thread? Please help.

Model: WN2500RPv2|N600 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3
Jabba12
Aspirant

Re: WN2500RPv2 N600 - "The Extender was not able to connect to your existing network."

I'm experieicing the exact same problem....very frustrating 

Message 2 of 3
netwrks
Master

Re: WN2500RPv2 N600 - "The Extender was not able to connect to your existing network."

Set it up in AP mode, and call it a day.. If you can't directly connect to the device via Ethernet, explore powerline products for connectivity.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7