× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WN3000RP Can't connect manually to _EXT

Keefie
Aspirant

WN3000RP Can't connect manually to _EXT

I have had my WN3000RP for 4 months and everything has worked fine. Then recently the network seemed very slow and the red light was showing on the link rate. I tried "rebooting" etc but couldn't get a connection with my main Wi-Fi. So, I went through the set up from scratch, doiing a manual connection as I had done originally as that worked at the time. However, I see the Range Extender on my network but when I enter the wireless key for the network it keeps failing to connect. I've disconnected my computer from the network and reconnected using the same wireless key and it connects perfectly. I've done a factory reset with no avail. Any help would be much appreciated.
Message 1 of 4
Keefie
Aspirant

I've now overcome this problem and all 4 lights are showing green.........great!! BUT, my two Kindles will now not connect the _EXT network even though my iPhone does???? The plot thickens! I think I could have read a whole book for the time I've spent trying to set up and connect to this product. In resetting up this unit something has changed for my Kindles to be rejected? Any thoughts would be appreciated!!
Message 2 of 4
Keefie
Aspirant

The plot thickens!!!! I tried connecting my Netbook and although the _EXT network showed a full signal I couldn't connect. The following messages then appeared: "The problem occurred because the network did not assign a network address to the computer". I then clicked the "Repair" button and got "Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed: Renewing your IP address". So it seems that the Range Extender needs the correct IP address, and if so, how do I do that??? I wonder if anyone from Netgear reads these forums. It would be good to get their help.
Message 3 of 4
Keefie
Aspirant

So, it's 12:44am Monday morning and I find now that everything (2 Kindles, iPhone, Smart TV & Netbook) connects to my _EXT network. It seems to have cured itself!!!!! The moral of the story must be leave well alone and come back in two days and all will be well. I'm off to bed!
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7