× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WN3000RP Not Accepting Login

JustAsIAm
Aspirant

WN3000RP Not Accepting Login

I have a netgear C3700 router and a WN3000RP extender.

I used to use the extender and it was working fine. Now I put in the new C3700 and decided to add the extender.

I pushed the factory reset button and plugged in a network cable, just like I have done many times. After doing the initial setup, it asked for the username and password. I put in "admin" and "password", wheich is the defualt for Netgear devices. It refuses to accept it.

Ideas?

Message 1 of 4
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Are you doing this over a wired or wireless connection, and if wireless are you sure the computer is associated with the extender and not the C3700? Have you tried your original password?
Message 2 of 4
JustAsIAm
Aspirant

As I said earlier, I plugged in a network cable. This computer does not have WiFi.

I do not remember the original password, that is why I pressed the "factory reset" button.

How long am I supposed to hold that button down? Maybe it did not reset.
Message 3 of 4
JustAsIAm
Aspirant

OK, it seems I have to hold the reset button down for several seconds until the connection light flashes amber. somehow I knew that reading the manual was the answer here.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7