× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WN802T-200 Firmware Version 3.1.12

Carrot_Cruncher
Aspirant

WN802T-200 Firmware Version 3.1.12

hi. a new level of firmware has appeared on the download center :

http://downloadcenter.netgear.com/en/product/WN802T-200

the readme says this is for the WN802Tv2. is this the same as the WN802T-200 ?

is this fw applicable to the uk ?

has anyone already upgraded and can confirm no detrimental affects ? the last time i upgraded, to 3.1.9 when it came out, it bricked my device and the fw got recalled.

cheers.
Message 1 of 9
sebi85
Aspirant

Re: WN802T-200 Firmware Version 3.1.12

Hi,

everybody should be warned NOT to try the new firmware version 3.1.12. I flashed this firmware and now the access point does not reboot anymore. After a few seconds, the power light turns into solid amber. Seems to be the same symptom as with version 3.1.9.
Currently I'm waiting for an official statement from the Netgear support.

Regards
sebi
Message 2 of 9
sebi85
Aspirant

Hi,

everbody should be warned NOT to use the new firmware version 3.1.12. I flashed this version to my access point and now it does not reboot anymore. After a few seconds, the power light turns into solid amber. This seems to be the same symptom as with version 3.1.9.
Currently I am waiting for an official statement from the Netgear support.

Regards
sebi
Message 3 of 9
sebi85
Aspirant

Hi again,

sorry for that double post above. Since I am a new member, I cannot delete one of the posts.
The Netgear support told me that my Access Point has to be replaced. I already got an RMA request. Let's see how long it will take until I will receive a new device.
However, the support did neither deny nor confirm if there is a problem with that new firmware version 3.1.12 although I mentioned that there was the same problem with version 3.1.9.
Since my mccess point is obviously bricked, I cannot recommend version 3.1.12. It is still available for download, though, but we will see if it will be taken down in the future.

Regards
sebi
Message 4 of 9
afh3
Tutor

Killed mine too. RMA underway.

In my case, the power and LAN lamps were green, but the WLAN (blue) lamp was off.

No GUI access via the web-interface at all, even after a hard-reset.
Message 5 of 9
dalewood
Aspirant

I'll join the crowd.

I have two WN802T-200 that are now bricked with firmware 3.1.12.

Power light starts green and then goes to solid amber. Factory reset switch does not do anything.

Wish I looked here on the forum first, but I had not had any previous issues with firmware on this device.
Message 6 of 9
BlightyExPat
Aspirant

I'd be interested to know why users are wishing to upgrade to 3.1.12?

I have two wn802tv2, one upstairs, the other downstairs. The first is configured 'Wireless Point–to–Point Bridge' whilst the second is configured 'Wireless Point to Multi–Point Bridge' and is hardwired into the Router, Netgear FVS318N.

I've been considering an upgrade, from the current V3.1.1, to V3.1.12, because I find access to my Router, via the wn802tv2 just isn't anywhere close to the throughput performance I would expect from the devices. Viewing and refreshing the configuration of these units can typically take several seconds to refresh in the GUI web interface.

I know there are issues with this product - one firmware update just wouldn't let me change the default 192.168.1.0 IP address range to my own 192.168.0.1. I managed to eventually work that one out, myself, Netgear support really couldn't help me! 😞

At over £80 each, I'm disappointed with their performance. But then, maybe I'm doing something wrong? Any suggestions would be appreciated? Upgrade or maybe my configuration is wrong?
Message 7 of 9
Ligthart
Aspirant

Hi

Following the badflash to firmware 3.1.12 (from firmware 3.1.1), I revived the WN802Tv2 following these guidelines/hints :

http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=72658

Success ! Paul
Message 8 of 9
anybody
Aspirant

A year later, this faulty firmware is still available on the Netgear site.
I have tried it on two Access Points, the second one was even factory-reset before doing the upgrade and it killed BOTH of them.

Now I could spend hours building a JTAG Interface and recovering those, or I could just throw them away and never buy something from Netgear again.

I will do the latter. If you don't care enough to pull a faulty firmware after 1 year you don't deserve any of my business.
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7