× Our systems will undergo a planned maintenance on Sunday, May 19, 2024, between 12:00 AM and 02:00 AM Pacific Time. During the maintenance window, you will not be able to log in to your MyNETGEAR account (including apps), renew a subscription, or register a product. However, you will still be able to use guest checkout to purchase a new product or subscription service. Updates will be posted to Status.NETGEAR.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNDAP350 disconnects frequently

tonymurillo45
Aspirant

WNDAP350 disconnects frequently

Hi guys,

On my company we have two WNDAP350 AP's and we have an issue, we are using MC9090 Symbol handhelds and sometimes the device loose conectivity, I know that is something wrong with the Netgear AP's because I have another linksys and it works great. We bought the Netgear to make a stronger wireless range, but I think right now linksys is working better than Netgear. Do I have to configure something? I already have disabled WMM and Power saving mode, it helps a little but the problem still.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
Message 1 of 14
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: WNDAP350 disconnects frequently

if you are leaving on N mode on AP devices , enable WMM when WPA2 are used.

I would imagine with symbol they are still on legacy G , would make better to use legacy G ap unit...

have you look at open-mesh?... cool stuff
Message 2 of 14
csm746
Novice

I did notice more stability when I flashed my 350s with the firmware upgrade 2.1.2. I use primarily N machines on both radios. There is a b/g selection if it would provide more stability than the g/n. And I have encountered some problems in the past if the access point was set to wide-channel (40 ghz) instead of 20 ghz.

I don't know if you can run WEP with these devices, but I am enjoying pretty good service with this device now.....
Message 3 of 14
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

40Mhz is for n devices

Use 20mhz /B&G for wireless G devices

WEP is limited to B&G mode for N router/ Aeccess point
Message 4 of 14
tonymurillo45
Aspirant

jmizoguchi wrote:
if you are leaving on N mode on AP devices , enable WMM when WPA2 are used.

I would imagine with symbol they are still on legacy G , would make better to use legacy G ap unit...

have you look at open-mesh?... cool stuff

Hi jmizoguchi, I'm in legacy G and I have enabled WMM cause we are using WPA2 5Ghz and the problem remains...
Message 5 of 14
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Symbols supports 802.11a?
Message 6 of 14
tonymurillo45
Aspirant

Nop, Symbol does not support 802.11a, well I think so, I have both activated and Symbol only recognize G.
Message 7 of 14
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Then you are not using 5Ghz,

2.4Ghz is what you are using

With legacy symbols, use wireless AP
Message 8 of 14
tonymurillo45
Aspirant

I have changed to 2Ghz and the issue remains... 😞
Message 9 of 14
tonymurillo45
Aspirant

Now I'm having frequently lost connection with the WMS...
Message 10 of 14
csm746
Novice

Tony, are u running 2.1.2 firmware?

The situation with these access points did improve somewhat with this upgrade. But, I still have an unusual occurence that I see only with this device. Using inSSIDer wireless survey application, I notice that both 2.4 and 5 ghz radios alternately disappear from the survey screen. This is the only device that does that. I am running a WNDR4500 right now and both of those radios remain visible constantly, likewise with the Linksys E4200 before that. But, about every 5 seconds each radio disappears from the screen. I don't know if this behavior may affect your scanners.
Message 11 of 14
tonymurillo45
Aspirant

Hi, yep I'm running the latest firmaware version: 2.1.2. My problem is that something my symbol loose conectivity. I made a ping XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX -t and I made 300 pings and at least 1% is lost.

Thank you
Message 12 of 14
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

WMS?

sorry. I got lost with other thread

disregard on symbols.. it was other thread..

what is the wifi adapter model if this pc.
Message 13 of 14
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

tonymurillo45 wrote:
Hi, yep I'm running the latest firmaware version: 2.1.2. My problem is that something my symbol loose conectivity. I made a ping XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX -t and I made 300 pings and at least 1% is lost.

Thank you

I'm lost in my mind.. it was rich thread..

If I where you I would get legacy wireless G and test out.

some of the legacy wireless G devices will have hard time working with N Access point and routers

if B&G will have an issues with it then I would get different wireless G router to compare the issues
Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7