× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WNR2000RPT unable to connect the NETGEAR_EXT

koetsu13
Aspirant

WNR2000RPT unable to connect the NETGEAR_EXT

Hi-

I have a wndr3700 and things are working fine. Today I tried to add a range extender with no luck. Followed all the directions- found a spot where my Ipad "saw" the NETGEAR_EXT SSID and not the WNDR3700 SSID's. I tried to connect and it keeps coming back with "Unable to connect to "NETGEAR_EXT" network". I decided to go back and reset the WNDR3700 to factory specs and then try the installation- no help- still "Unable to connect to NETGEAR_EXT"

Any help?

thanks

koetsu13
Message 1 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

having two different SSID is fine but did you setup the encryption correc tly on extender?
Message 2 of 8
koetsu13
Aspirant

yes-

I used the default which was to use the same as on the router. I got past my issue by connecting to the extender wired but now can't complete the last step like the other guy in the forum. Where do we put the changed DNS settings (the PC/ Ipad) or the router?

Thanks

koetsu13
Message 3 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Message 4 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

use

for DNS
Message 5 of 8
alawson1970
Aspirant

I'm sorry for posting this here, but I can't find a "New Thread" link and this is the closest one I've found.

I have WN2000RPT extender and I cannot connect to netgear_ext from a windows 7 pc. (I have only ever been able to connect using an XP computer, but now that is NOT working either.)

I can get to http://www.mywifiext.net/cgi-bin/index.html from the XP, but not the Windows 7 or Vista.

How do I connect to the extender setup using Windows 7?

Thanks
Message 6 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

I'm sorry for posting this here, but I can't find a "New Thread" link and this is the closest one I've found.

forum tools >post new thread
Message 7 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

alawson1970 wrote:
I have WN2000RPT extender and I cannot connect to netgear_ext from a windows 7 pc. (I have only ever been able to connect using an XP computer, but now that is NOT working either.)

I can get to http://www.mywifiext.net/cgi-bin/index.html from the XP, but not the Windows 7 or Vista.

How do I connect to the extender setup using Windows 7?

Thanks

use IE broswer and possible compatible mode.

if extender is already setup prior and other are connecting then you do no really access the extender to connect

scan the SSID of the extender and provide the encryption key is all you need to do
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7