× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WiFi Booster WN1000RP

vsh
Follower
Follower

WiFi Booster WN1000RP

This booster stopped working a few days ago, after 1 year. I've rebooted my router, reset and reinstalled the booster, contacted my ISP, etc, etc. Booster lights go back and forth between amber and green, sometimes red. Smart TV indicates wireless connection is good. Still, can't get app (e.g., Netflix) to work on the TV. Suggestions, please? 

Message 1 of 2
TheEther
Guru

Re: WiFi Booster WN1000RP

If the top light on the booster is red or, worse, off then the connection to the router is not good.  If you haven't moved your booster or router recently, then something could be disrupting the Wi-Fi signal.  Cordless phones, microwave ovens, baby monitors and other Wi-Fi networks could be to blame.  Try changing the Wi-Fi channel on your router and/or moving the booster closer to the router.  You can use the Netgear Genie, Apple Airport Utility, vistumbler, or Acrylic Wi-Fi to find the least congested channel in your residence. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7